Monday, July 21, 2008

Leaving tomorrow!

I'm flying out tomorrow, about 3 hours to Miami and then 8 hr 15 min to Santiago! Chile's in the same time zone but on a different ocean, which seems strange but isn't really (why should everything line up?). In Miami I'll meet most of the other students from all over the country who will be on the program with me in Valparaíso, along with some who'll be in Santiago.

My host family sounds great, I found out about them on Saturday. My host mom is Doña Ximena, my host dad is Don René, and Doña Ximena's father lives with them--his name is Raúl. Also I'll have an 11-year old sister named Victoria, so it will be just like home except with my own room... And there's a cat!

It's a new experience keeping a personal blog for me, so I hope it stays fun to read. For me it's also a good way to document my trip as it goes along--so if anything seems long/boring, just figure it's becuase I'm talking to myself. :)

Definitely next time I'll have lots to say!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope your travels have gone/are going well Banana!!!!!!!!!!!

Maggie