Here’s a list of my favorite things about Chile, in no particular order, to end this blog. Thanks for reading!
- My family. They are amazing people. They really love each other, which was obvious, so it was a great environment to live in. And they cared about whether I had a good time or not, and went out of their way on a regular basis to make me feel at home.
- Chilean food! Manjar, chirimoya, helado de lucuma, panqueques, carbonada, palta, la salsa de fideos y la marmelada que mi familia hace, conitos, alfajores, frutilla, pebre, pan chileno, and of course empanadas de queso/jaiba queso, etc....and learning all those words
- Making videos and interviewing lots of different people for projects in TV Journalism and my final project for Spanish class, where we interviewed a graffiti artist
- The trips I took, especially to Chiloé and Machu Picchu
- Speaking in Spanish most of the time, including with German and French exchange students
- Using different money, buses, recognizing different brands: being in a foreign country, essentially
- Living by the ocean and going to the beach in November, December
- The hills and elevators and personality of Valparaíso
- Meeting new people, especially my friend Daniela and her family (her little sisters are really cute!)
- Bad subtitles and dubbing on TV
with my mamá chilena, Ximena